- Individual: $25.00 -- payable annually
Membership dues are renewed each year on your anniversary date.
- Lifetime: $500.00 -- payable annually over a five-year period
or pay online at:
Benefits of Membership
Membership is open to individuals at all levels of genealogical experience. Meeting with others who share an interest in genealogy is fun as well as informative.
Annual meetings are held in January of each year and a brief business session is part of an all-day speakers' event.
Meetings and events are open to the public.
Our quarterly newsletter, Ceske Stopy, is published in March, June, September and December. It contains articles of interest to researchers on a variety of current topics specific to Texas Czechs, announces future programs, and provides helpful hints on computer research. Beginning with the January 2015 issue, TCGS will be “going green” by emailing our newsletter to our members with email; the Ceske Stopy will also be posted in our "Members Only" section. Members without email will receive a copy via the U.S. Postal service.
The Texas Czech Genealogical Society Website provides members and guests with a variety of information. Much of this information is in the Members Log-In area and will be expanded over time.
- Members have access by using their personal user name and private password.
- Real-time member contact information is available.
- Starting with our January 2015 newsletter, members with email will receive newsletters by email. Members without email will receive their copy through the U.S. Postal service. Copies will also be available in the Members Download Area.
- Society-sponsored events including dates and locations.
- Workshops, seminars, and meetings of other societies in Texas and nationwide, in which TCGS is participating.
Website: Surname List – searchable surname list with option of private email contact with TCGS researcher.
- All current members of the TCGS are invited to submit a listing of surnames they are researching for display in Surname Research on our website.
- Surnames and places are spelled exactly as each member requests, which may lead to multiple entries if the surname or location has been found to be spelled various ways. No first names are included but many times alternative spellings are connected with the entry.
- Members have the responsibility to reply directly to the email requestor that requested ancestor information.